Lean Forward and Go: Electric Scooters
Even after the Black Friday bustle comes and goes, it may feel like you are on the move, nonstop, until Christmas morning or that final night of Hanukkah. It can therefore seem strange that the gift that your loved ones go wild over is all about movement, but electric scooters can bring that out of a person. Quiet and eco-friendly, light and reliable, electric scooters steal the spotlight from a common bike or skateboard, making a fun, active holiday gift for people of all ages. Browse the offerings on eBay for a variety of electric scooters in new, refurbished, and used conditions.
How Fast and Far Can Electric Scooters Go?
- Power - Most scooters can go between 10 and 35 mph depending on style and size. They can accelerate quickly since they achieve full torque instantly.
- Range - Most scooters can travel about 10 to 50 miles on a single charge. Driving speed affects how far you can go. Most scooters can travel for a longer range at lower speeds.
How Much Upkeep Does an Electric Scooter Need?
Tending to be hassle-free, they need little maintenance. They are uncomplicated machines that are easy to fix, making them a present that virtually anyone can take care of. There is no gearbox which makes care simple. The brakes and tires are the two areas that will need to be checked most frequently. Also, the battery needs to be charged regularly.
How Long Do You Charge an Electric Scooter Battery?
Most electric scooters are powered by rechargeable lithium-ion batteries. Other types include nickel-metal hydride and lead-sodium silicate. Most electric scooters can be charged at ordinary wall outlets. Most batteries take two to eight hours to recharge. There are high-power chargers that can recharge scooters faster. Some companies have batteries that swap out easily for convenience.
How Do You Choose the Right Model?
There is a wide range of models on the market. Many have similar capabilities, with the style and color being a major distinguishing factor. You will benefit from researching the power, weight, and folding ability of your future scooter.
- Commute – Think about daily riding needs. Scooters are great for short commutes to work or school. They are also fun for recreation or going to markets, but you probably wouldn't want your college student riding back to campus on one after the New Year.
- Terrain – Most motors and wheels perform well on flat roads. If the rider will be going up and down hills, they may need a more powerful engine or bigger wheels.
- Climate – Performance can be impacted by hot or wintry weather. Also, rain and slick surfaces can affect the ride.
- Size –Your weight, height, and what you carry can determine what size scooter to purchase.
- Style – Although not a part of how well a scooter works, style is very important. Retro, contemporary, and sporty are all style options. Wheel size, handle options, and color choice can also influence your decision to buy one style over another.
For informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by any brands.